Name:
Location: Pune/Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Capricious, eccentric, happy-go-lucky

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Here but really gone

I'm sitting in class,
Everyone's talking
At the top of their voices,
Yet I seem to hear nothing.
With a phoney smile I,
Ward off a billion questions.
Its so easy to deceive them,
And pretend that I care
About their trivialties.
I hate being a hypocrite,
Yet I am one,
For how else am I to behave
in need-based relationships?
We don't care yet we need,
Hence the sweet nothings
And small talk.
And empty smiles.
We're all brilliant actors.
So in that bustling classroom
I compliment, I smile
Infuse joie de vivre.
Laugh loudest,
After all I'm the one
Who's laughing last.
So with a mental smirk,
I continue being
The perfect listener.
And think about those,
Whom I really care for.
And I realise
That i'm here in class,
But in my mind I'm really gone.
I'm miles away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mithila said...

loved it, felt it. Keep it coming

9:55 AM  
Blogger Darshan P. Mundada said...

U r too good...

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home